If I haven't posted for a few days, be sure to check the bars to the left, I often have new links to health news, recipes or blogs you can explore.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Favorite Sandwich Builders...



I've found this bread to be the healthiest of all the ones we've tried. My kids have always eaten wheat bread, and no, I have never cut off the crusts. Even when they were babies, I used a pizza cutter and just cut them very small. They love it, and have never complained, but then again, they have nothing to compare it to since it's all they've ever known. I believe you have to start them out in the way that you want them to grow. So if you want them to eat healthier wheat bread, don't start them on white. If you want them to eat all of the sandwich and crusts, don't cut them off. I think it's simply wasteful and they stay fuller longer if they eat the entire sandwich. That's just my take.

Good Option: We buy Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat (45 Calories and Delightful). You have to read the labels to see that bread REALLY does have whole wheat, and 100% at that. Check the labels! I prepare this bread for my family, but for me, if I'm going to make a sandwich, I typically use leaf lettuce for a wrap, or I'll use these tortillas occasionally...

Better Option: Ole Extreme Wellness tortillas. Walmart actually has the spinach type now, too. Look at that label! Love those low carbs, high protein and fiber. Awesome. And they taste really good, too. Best wheat tortilla on the market in my opinion. Try them!




Best Option: But the healthiest option is just to load up that sandwich in a big piece of leaf lettuce (or Romaine, but I prefer leaf, and green- the red kind I bought once seemed a lot thinner and more delicate) I'm not going to tell you it's pretty and clean. But you just saved another 80 calories and a load of carbs! Good job!
This is as close to what mine look like as I could find. I'll post an image of my own soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment