If I haven't posted for a few days, be sure to check the bars to the left, I often have new links to health news, recipes or blogs you can explore.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nectarine Smoothie

Today I had a yummy green nectarine smoothie with 1 fresh nectarine, 2/3 of a frozen banana, 3/4 cup almond milk, a fistful of spinach, pinch of cinnamon and just a quick squeeze of honey plus 3 ice cubes. It was refreshing and perked me up at lunchtime.

Tip of the day for good smoothies.... try to use a frozen mug to keep it cold and don't dilly-dally drinking it. It's sweetest at the beginning and flattens out as it oxidizes. I've read that it's great to chew it if you can because the saliva really helps to absorb the nutrients better when it hits your stomach. So I use large smoothie straws.

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment