If I haven't posted for a few days, be sure to check the bars to the left, I often have new links to health news, recipes or blogs you can explore.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lose It! App

If you have an iPhone or iPad, I highly recommend this app. There are several out there, but this is the one I used the most and I know it helped me through the first 25 pounds I lost. After you use it for several months, and you eat basically the same things, you may find you don't feel that you need it as much. You start to know how many calories was in your breakfast or lunch, etc because you've seen it before. But I'm here to tell you, food logging is the way to go if you're serious about turning your life around. You will be blown away when you look up some of the dishes you've eaten at restaurants and desserts you've had at DQ. whew. I was shocked. It's more of an education and an exercise in responsible, mindful, purposeful eating. It's awesome. LoseIt!

My favorite for checking out restaurant meals was this one: Calorie Counter
I rarely had a problem finding items. This is phenomenally helpful when eating out. But, mostly, you'll find you'll be eating a lot of salmon and tilapia and some salads (drizzle the dressing from "on the side") when you go out because everything else is over 1200 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment