If I haven't posted for a few days, be sure to check the bars to the left, I often have new links to health news, recipes or blogs you can explore.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Do you believe in JINX?

Well, I hope this doesn't do it. (the jinx part, I mean)

If I could only lose a pound for every time a person asks me how I lost the first 40...

so, I thought I'd start a spin-off of my blog without muddying up my family blog with all my personal weight loss "journeyisms" blah blah blah. I've almost hated to talk about it because I was afraid it would jinx the whole thing. But, it's been a year since this started and I think it's time I have a little more confidence in myself. I just hope I can make 5 minutes for this from time to time. I'm hoping that if it's helping a few friends think of new ways to have a healthier life, maybe, just maybe it will be the motivation that keeps me up until 3:30am instead of konking out at 3:15 : )

I'll also post some confessionals just so you know I'm still human and I eat what everyone else eats sometimes too. Here's the first thing I'm mustering up the courage to post: a photo of myself a year ago in May 2010. Confession alert: I had bought a number of clothes in size 16 a couple of months before this photo and had a lot of self-loathing over it, especially because it seemed like it wasn't all that long and I felt like I was pushing them to the limit. I could not bear the thought of a size 18. But I didn't know what I was going to do to turn it around. I really couldn't be in denial any longer with a 16 bending at the seams, it was becoming obvious to me I was heading no where but up the scale. But with no time to exercise, living on 8-28 hours of sleep per week and sometimes eating just to keep myself awake to work, I felt hopeless.

I avoided photos like the plague for a long time after I had my second child. Hated to look at myself and hated to admit I wasn't where I wanted to be. Now I take photos of myself all the time in cute clothes to remind myself where I'm at, how I've gotten there and to enjoy it!

I hope you find something helpful here in these musings of a shrinking mama. Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment