If I haven't posted for a few days, be sure to check the bars to the left, I often have new links to health news, recipes or blogs you can explore.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lunch Combo with Watermelon Smoothie

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been crazy busy with work plus the kids' camps and activities are all over now, so they're home 100% of the day. Be patient with me, blogging is a privilege for me.... I haven't read a book without pictures since before my 5 year old son was born, if that tells you what kind of "free time" I have with working full-time from home.

I just had this yummy lunch combo and had to share. You never know what might spark an idea for someone else : )

I typically eat lighter lunches since I have to cook pretty large dinners to fill my husband and son. (the ultimate bottomless pits!) We're having veggie lasagne and that will be pretty heavy for me. So, I made a smoothie, had low fat cottage cheese and a seedy crunch bar from the Wichita Farmer's Market last weekend. (it's filled with sesame seeds, coconut, pepitas, sunflower seeds, etc. probably brown sugar, not much holding it together)

The Watermelon Lime smoothie:

• 1 1/2 C. watermelon chunks (some seeds still in- these are actually good for you! plus my Blendtec pulverizes them)
• 1/3 frozen banana
• lime wedge with 1/2 the peel left on
• big handful of fresh spinach leaves (maybe 3/4-1 C?)
• a few blueberries 15-20

This came out more like an agua fresca than a thick smoothie because the only thing frozen was the banana, so I poured it into a frosty mug and added a few cubes of ice. I'm sure there's enough for nearly two mugs, I put the rest in the freezer until I finish this mug, then I might just drink the rest! I call it Watermelon Lime because that is mostly what I taste. Refreshing, summery-- yum-mee!

Hope this inspires you. If you have a great smoothie combo you've discovered, please share, I'd love to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment